Remedies to get rid of Blackheads
Read More: 10 Lazy Girl Beauty Hacks To Try Right Now
DIY Home Remedies for Blackheads
1- Bentonite Clay
Bentonite clay is well known for its detoxifying properties. It is widely used in cosmetics, face masks and medicines for detoxification purpose. It is rich in many essential minerals that our body needs. It absorbs all the impurities and toxic material which are clogged deep inside our skin causing acne and papules. You can get bentonite clay easily from your nearest drug store. Applying it daily can improve the skin texture and maintain the hygiene of your skin.
Things you will need
- 1 tablespoon of Bentonite clay
- Few drops of essential oil
- Take the clay and add few drops of oil
- Add water to make a thick paste
- Clean your face with a facewash and tap dry
- Apply this paste to your face and leave for 10-15 minutes or till it gets dry.
- Wash your face with fresh water.
- Follow up with a gentle moisturizer
For results you need to apply this mixture twice a week. Natural skincare remedies take time to yield results but the results are long lasting and free from side-effects.
Read More: 7 Beauty Goals Every Girl Must Achieve
Things you will need
- 1 Teaspoon water
- 1 Teaspoon AVC
- Cotton balls
3- Toothpaste for removing Blackheads
Last week I come to know about a very useful technique for removing blackheads. It sounds weird but its true, you can remove your blackheads with the help of your old toothbrush. Many woman use the toothbrush along with toothpaste to get the results but I have come u with something different and effective. For this treatment, I am recommending an old brush because its bristles become soft and causes less harm to the skin layers. But before using it on your face, you must be sure enough its clean and hygienic.
Things you will need
- An old toothbrush
- White toothpaste (Not the gel one)
- Baking soda
- A bowl
- Take a dry clean bowl
- Add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Add 1 teaspoon toothpaste to it
- Add 2 teaspoon water to it and mix well
- Take a small amount of mixture on the toothbrush and scrub your nose and T-zone well
- Wash your face with clean water and at dry
Repeat this process several times a week before going to bed. Baking soda and toothpaste make a wonderful combination for unclogging the pores and removing the excessive oil from the skin layers.
4- Sugar Scrub
Scrub contains tiny granules, when rubbed against skin, removes the outer layer of dead skin cells. These scrubs are also helping in removing the impurities and toxic material from the skin which can cause many skin issues. Scrubs are easily available at stores and cosmetics shops but I would recommend you to stick to natural ones, which are easily made at home within a few minutes. You can find two types of sugar in the market i.e, one with larger granules or smaller ones. I would recommend you to use the one with smaller granules.
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Half lemon juice
- A bowl
- Juice out the lemon in the bowl and add the sugar to it.
- Use your fingers to mix them well.
- With the help of your finger tips, massage this mixture onto your face, especially T-zone where most of the blackheads are formed.
- Take a few minutes to massage it gently.
- Wash your face with fresh water and pet dry.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer afterwards.
New, spotless and fairer skin will be revealed in just single application.
5- Egg White Mask
May be you are a egg lover or not but after knowing its benefits, your skin will definitely crave for it. Eggs are rich in protein and healthy fats, which are essential for healthy skin and also helps in maintaining the elasticity of our skin which is the main factor in ageing process. Whether you eat it in your breakfast or add it in your mask, your will have a beautiful skin for sure ! Egg white contains protein which is the building block of cells and helps in skin regeneration but one thing which is not commonly known about egg white is, it dissolves the sebum plugged in the pores and helps us to get rid off blackheads easily. This egg white mask is also helpful in shrinking the pores and makes them less visible, which means you will have a clean, smooth and younger skin in just 15 minutes.
Read More: How to Embrace Beauty Trend
- A bowl
- One egg white
- Facial band
Wash your face thoroughly and pat dry. Take an egg white in a bowl and beat the egg white so you can get a smooth foamy texture. Apply this mixture on your overall face with your finger tips. Massage it well and reapply once its dry. Repeat this 3-4 times and keeping circulating it with your fingers. Wash your face with Luke warm water.You will get instant results with this mask. Your will feel your skin is soft, fairer and healthier than before.
6- Charcoal Face Mask
Charcoal is the latest addition in cosmetics industry. You may also have heard about charcoal facial cleaners or charcoal scrubs as it has a wonderful power of detoxifying and cleaning skin. Its active ingredients go deep down the skin layers and kill the bacteria that causes breakouts,It absorbs all the impurities and excessive oil from the skin which are the main cause of blackheads and whiteheads. It also helps in maintaining the pH levels of your skin and helps in fighting the signs of ageing. For availing these benefits your don’t need to spend dollars. all you will need is a bottle of activated charcoal capsules and few natural ingredients which are easily found in your home.
- 2 Capsules of activated charcoal
- 1 tablespoon of Bentonite clay
- Rose water
- Few drops of essential oil -You can choose any oil but I prefer to use tea tree oil due to its anti-fungal, antiseptic and healing properties.
- A wooden bowl and spoon as charcoal has the tendency to pull out toxins from the metallic containers
- Twist open 2 capsules in the wooden bowl
- Add bentonite clay and mix well
- Add few drops of essential oil
- Add rose water to make a thick mask
- Apply to face and neck and wait for 15 minutes
- Wash your face and pat dry
7- Blackhead Extractor
- Take a clean blackhead extractor and a piece of cloth or tissue.
- Cleanse your face with a deep facial cleanser containing salicylic acid or Benzoyl Peroxide
- Once you are done with cleansing wipe your face with a wet facial sponge
- Take the extractor and start pressing it against your skin in downward strokes
- Clean the pin after every stroke
After taking out all the blackheads your pores are open and can get clogged again with the oil its about to produce. So wash your face with cool water so all the pores can shrink and apply a nice deep moisturizer.
8- Pore Strips
Pore strip is the ultimate solution when you need instant results. These strips are used to extract out the blackheads in just one stroke. It locks out the clogged materials and gives deep cleaning. These strips are meant for only nose so don’t even try to use it on other parts of your face. Use skin products containing salicylic acid before using these strips as it will help in removing blackheads easily. But before using these strips you must be sure enough that your skin is not sensitive or you don’t have any pimple or acne near your T-zone.
- Clean your face with a gentle face cleanser
- Don’t pat dry as these strips needs wet skin to stick on
- Remove the slit and gently place the strip on your nose
- Smooth down the strips with dry hands to make sure its properly placed on your skin
- Wait for 8-10 minutes so the strip can dry properly
- Start removing the strip from the edges towards the center
- Don’t use it more than once a month
- Avoid using it in case of any irritation, acne, blemishes or redness
- If you feel unbearable pain than don’t try to peel it further. Just pat it with wet fingers so it becomes soft and can easily be removed.
9- Use Mechanized Facial Brush
Facial brushes are used to clean facial skin deeply with the help of soft bristles. It improves blood circulation and removes harmful toxins from the body. It also helps in removing dead skin, cleaning clogged pores and removes blackheads effectively. You may also find handy brushes which are equally effective but make sure you purchase the brush having soft fine bristles. Before starting the cleaning process, make sure your brush is clean and in hygienic condition. Always start brushing your face with a mild brush as your facial skin is very sensitive and can get irritated. Start brushing your face from forehead and then gently move towards cheeks and T-zone. Use a gentle deep cleanser along with this brush for instant results.
10- Facial Steaming
Many salons are providing this service and women have their own steaming machines at home which are very useful. If you don’t have any machine than don’t worry ! You have another option for it.
- Take a pot and add water to it.
- Bring it to boil and remove it from the stove.
- Place it on a counter or table of comfortable height
- Cover your face with a towel and take steam on your face .
- Maintain a safe distance, as your skin is not used to it.
- Clean your face with a soft towel and pat dry after a couple of minutes.
- Apply moisturizer soon after finishing your steaming process as your skin will be dry and it can trigger your sebaceous glands.
- Maintain a safe distance from the hot water container
- Take rest after every 2 minutes so your skin can relax
- Avoid in case of serious skin issues.
11- Use over the counter products
Over the counter products are those which are readily available at the drug stores and you don’t need any prescription for them. But it doesn’t mean that all these products are suitable for you. You must be smart enough to understand your skin type and choose the product smartly.