Face puffiness can happen due to numerous reasons. People who have puffy face either have allergies; wake up with puffy eyes and face, lack of sleep, dehydration, water retention or pregnancy.
All of these factors can cause face puffiness of course different reason for different people. However it must not be taken lightly and one has to fight the face puffiness with the cures and remedies available and find out the cause of it.
Just like the numerous reasons which cause face puffiness there are numerous cures and remedies for it too. All you have to do is to follow them and get rid of face puffiness however this does not mean that you don’t have to consult with a doctor. Of course you have to consult this problem with your doctor to find the real reason behind and proper treatment will be required if the problem persists. But for now here are some remedies for curing and fighting face puffiness.
Remedies for Curing Face Puffiness
- Consume an acceptable amount of water every day. The amount of water in the body should be the half of the body’s weight. Maintaining satisfactory amount of water in the body will prevent edema which in simple words means that abnormal accumulation of fluid beneath the skin which causes swelling or puffiness.
- Taking baby aspirin also cures puffiness as it is anti-inflammatory so it will reduce the puffiness or swelling anywhere including the face.
- Another remedy for face puffiness is a coffee mask applied on your face. The caffeine in the coffee helps you to de-puff your face. Just add some honey to finely ground coffee and thick paste then apply it on your face and leave it till about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes scrub it lightly and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Drinking hot green tea is another cure for getting rid of face puffiness. The antioxidants in the tea fights off your face puffiness.
- Cucumber is also a cure. Just as you use cucumber slices for getting rid eye puffiness, it is the same for the face. Apply the cucumber slices on your face, lie down, and relax for about 10 to 15 minutes. Elevate your feet slightly if possible.
- You can also use tea bags to cure the puffiness. Just place the chilled tea bags around your eyes or on your face to fight that puffiness off. Herbal tea such as chamomile possesses anti-inflammatory properties which reduces the puffiness.
- Exercise as always is very important. Exercise for 30 minutes per day around 3 to 4 times a week. This will also be helpful for avoiding any puffy face.
- You can also give the old ice treatment to your puffy face. Just wrap an ice pack in cloth and hold it on your face for about 15 to 20 minutes to reduce the puffiness on your face and get that normal look back.
- Be sure to catch satisfactory amount of sleep as lack of sleep also causes face puffiness so maximum 8 hours of sleep is a must.
- Consuming too much sodium also causes face puffiness so it would be best if you limit your sodium intake to about 2,000mg per day.
- Last but not the least avoid applying any sort of makeup or eating anything which causes allergic reactions which can be a cause to this problem also. It would be better to consult your doctor so he can prescribe you with anti-allergy medicine.
Fight Face Puffiness