How do you find beautiful makeup that’s not laden with chemicals? In order to help you sift through the many natural beauty brands, we rounded up our 7 favorites. This makeup is guaranteed to not only be beautiful, but also include a high percentage of natural and organic ingredients.
[contentblock id=1 img=adsense.png]
1. Tata Harper
All Tata Harper products are manufactured in small batches in the brand’s Vermont-based laboratory. The brand doesn’t use any synthetic or potentially toxic ingredients and packs a number of active ingredients into each product—between 9 and 29—which means they are safe, and pack a powerful punch. Launched just a few months ago, the Volumizing Lip and Cheek Tints ($35) are available in three shades. The product is great for creating a dewy, natural looking glow on cheeks and adding a pop of color to lips. Not only are they moisturizing, but Spanish Lavender and Lipoamino Acid Technology help to create a plump appearance.
Read More: How to Make your own Organic Cosmetics
New York-based makeup artist Kirsten Kjaer Weis spent eight years working on developing her line of color cosmetics. Made in Italy, her products have been Certified Organic or Certified Natural by the CCPB (Controllo e Certificazione Prodotti Biologici). As an added bonus, her products which include cream blush, foundation and mascara, are also refillable. Available in 5 shades, the Kjaer Weis Foundation ($68) is creamy and buildable. Formulated with coconut and sweet almond seed oil, it is a perfect foundation for drier months,
Started by Sasha Plavsic in 2011, ILIA launched with a collection of Tinted Lip Conditioners and has since grown to include 40 products, from concealer to mascara. Sleek packaging and quality ingredients make it a standout in the organic beauty market. When it comes to organic lipstick, Ilia is the gold standard. The Tinted Lip Conditioner ($26) is formulated with 85% organic ingredients. The color is sheer but buildable, resulting in long lasting color and hydrated lips.
[contentblock id=2 img=adsense.png]
4. Alima Pure
Alima Pure is a mineral based makeup line that uses pure mineral pigments in their foundation, blush, and eye shadow.The products are free of dyes and other additives. The Satin Matte Eyeshadow ($13) is available in 18 beautiful shades, all perfect for everyday wear. The product is naturally anti-bacterial and hypoallergenic.
Read More: Top 10 Cosmetics Brands in the World
5. Vapour Organic Beauty
Vapour uses at least 70% organic ingredients and the remaining 30% of ingredients are from mineral pigments and essential oils—that means no parabens, no phalates, and no toxic chemicals. The formulas are also waterless, which eliminates a need for preservatives.The Stratus Instant Skin Perfector ($48) is part primer, part BB cream. Use it alone to give your skin an instant glow, or apply it before foundation to create a smooth base.
6. RMS Beauty
Makeup artist Rose Marie Swift started her line of natural beauty products after years of experience in the beauty industry. RMS Beauty products use raw, food grade, and organic ingredients in their natural state. The RMS Living Luminizer ($38) has a cult following and for good reason—the highlighter is perfectly sheer so it works on all skin tones. Give the Volumizing Mascara ($28) a go too, it’s formulated with mineral pigments and plant waxes.
[contentblock id=3 img=adsense.png]
The 100% Pure makeup and skin products utilize all natural, vegan ingredients. The color products use fruit and vegetable pigments—which means added antioxidants and vitamins in each product. For long lashes, try the Fruit Pigmented Mascara in Black Tea ($21). The 100% natural formula gets it’s color from Black Tea pigments and uses Vitamin E and oat and wheat proteins to condition lashes.