Health issues affect all of us, and a massage might not be the first thing to come to your mind as a way to deal with the same. Most of us would rather pop a pill or forget about the illness till it strikes again. It is a fact that a majority of medicines does not deal with the root cause of a health problem. This is where massage therapy can really help.Especially for women, a massage can offer multiple benefits, mentally as well as physically. The benefits of a therapeutic massage go much beyond the superficial “feel good” factor; and it works even better when done by an experienced masseur. Read on as we reveal some amazing reasons why you must go for a relaxing massage this weekend.
1. Helps You Lose Weight and Look GoodYes, massages can help you lose some weight and look good as well. The soft, gentle strokes by a masseur enables the lymphatic system to release toxins from the body in an effective manner. This release of toxins has a firming effect on your body.
2. Reduces Chronic PainSeveral people are distressed with shoulder, neck and back aches. Whether it is chronic pain due to some illness, or incorrect body postures, or cramps from strenuous exercise, a good massage can help ease it in a noninvasive and holistic manner.
3. Helps Relieve Depression and StressIt is believed that a Good Massage can help to relieve stress, tension and anxiety that are often associated with depression. Physical touch boosts the release of happy hormones, endorphins, in the body. It also decreases the levels of the stress hormone, cortisol. When the cortisol levels are high, it can disturb your system and lead to depression.
4. Promotes Better SleepThe kneading and rubbing of muscles helps to decrease the tension in the body, thus providing an immense relaxation. As mentioned before, massages help in the release of serotonin and endorphins in the body, which affect your sleep positively.
5. Boosts ImmunityA massage may be your answer to those common colds and other ailments that strike you often. Researchers say that massages increase lymphocytes, a type of white blood cells that prepares your immune system to fight diseases.
6. Reduces Blood PressureRegular massages can bring about a significant change in the blood pressure readings of people who are diagnosed with hypertension. When the blood pressure is lowered, it translates to lower anxiety, depression, stress, and helps stave off kidney failure, stroke and even a heart attack.