If breakfast for you often looks like an apple and a granola bar, that’s okay, but you are worth so much more. A truly good breakfast — one that lures you out of bed and gives you energy — doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. Need proof? Here are 20 breakfasts that take 15 minutes or less to make and are worth sacrificing a tiny bit of sleep for — we pinky promise.
1. Fancy AF Egg Clouds: Egg clouds look impressive but come together with a simple mixture of egg whites, parmesan, and (optional, but necessary) bacon. Serve with buttered toast triangles for yolk drippage.
2. Creamy, Dairy-Free Muesli: This breakfast replicates the creamy texture of traditional muesli (made with cream and whole-fat yogurt) with vegan-friendly almond milk, coconut cream, and coconut yogurt. We like to stir in apples, raisins, and shredded coconut, but you can use any add-ins you like.
3. Protein Pancakes 3 Ways: Making pancakes on a weekday feels much more justified when they’re composed of healthier ingredients like oats, Greek yogurt, and banana.
4. Best Scrambled Eggs: We know, we know. What’s so special about scrambled eggs? When you cook them over low heat with extra butter until soft and custardy, you’ll be a believer too.
5. Mermaid Smoothie Bowl: This smoothie bowl gets its creaminess from coconut milk and frozen banana and its dreamy hue from blue algae powder. The best part: The flavors work with any toppings, from fruit to seeds to nut butter.
6. Egg-in-a-Hole Breakfast Sandwich: How do you level-up classic egg in a hole? You add another slice of bread to turn it into a sandwich — specifically, a sandwich with juicy tomato, melty cheddar, and creamy avocado.
7. Instant-Pot Eggs en Cocotte: Any combination of eggs and herbs works wonders in this creamy egg dish, which cooks in less than five minutes and is the ideal accompaniment to toasted bread.
8. Fluffy Pancakes: You’ll want to commit this simple and customizable pancake recipe to memory for, you know, very serious breakfast party purposes.
9. Parchment Baked Eggs: Sweet potatoes get the breakfast treatment with runny eggs, shredded mozz, and sliced scallions.
10. Hangover Fried Rice: Whether you’re actually hungover or just really like savory breakfasts, you’ll be a fan of this rice dish, which satisfies your craving for salty morning-after food but is actually full of veggies.
11. Fruit Potstickers: Find a creative use for summer berries with these potstickers, sprinkled with lemon zest and powdered sugar. The berries cook inside of the potsticker wrappers, so they’ll end up tasting like pie filling.
12. Shakshuka: Say hello to your new favorite way to consume eggs: cooked into an incredibly aromatic mixture of tomatoes, onion, red pepper, harissa, and tons of spices.
13. Green Shakshuka: Suddenly in a shakshuka mood? Try this green version, too, packed with kale, spinach, tomatillos, and herbs.
14. Cinnamon French Toast Fingers With Raspberry-Mascarpone Dip: French toast becomes the ultimate shareable breakfast when sliced into sticks and served with a bowl of raspberry cheesecake-esque dip.
15. Twice-Baked Sweet Potato Egg Boats: Have a leftover roasted sweet potato from last night’s dinner? Put it to use by filling it with an egg, baking it once more, and topping it with bacon and avocado.
16. Patriotic Chia Pudding: Make a three-ingredient chia pudding, chill overnight, and combine with blueberries and a raspberry-agave mixture for a deliciously patriotic breakfast.
17. Rainbow Toast: You need only cream cheese and produce to turn plain toast into eye candy. Go the savory route with green avocado and cucumber or the sweeter route with raspberry and pomegranate.
18. Brûléed Grapefruit: This three-ingredient breakfast demonstrates the magic of the broiler. Top a halved grapefruit with honey and cinnamon, broil for 15 minutes, and enjoy an elegant fruit-based meal.
19. Chickpea Flour Pumpkin Pancakes: We give you full permission to eat these vegan pumpkin spice pancakes even when it’s not fall.
20. Blood Orange Banana Smoothie: Switch up the typical banana-berry combo with this citrusy smoothie, which is pink from blood orange juice and protein-rich from Greek yogurt.