Here I am, back with another pasta recipe. I have observed that out of all my recipes pasta recipes always get an overwhelming response. Thus another pasta recipe. This one is a simple tomato mushroom pasta, made with minimum ingredients. So let’s not spend any more time on the blabbering and quickly get started with the recipe.
- Pasta- 200 grams
- Tomato- 6-7, diced (red and ripe)
- Onion- 2, medium sized (chopped)
- Mushrooms- 300 grams (chopped)
- Garlic- 6-7 cloves (crushed)
- Black pepper- 1 tsp.
- Mixed Italian herbs- 2 tsp.
- Dried oregano- 1 tsp.
- Green olives- 4 (optional)
- Black olives- 4 (optional)
- Extra virgin olive oil- 2-3 tbsp.
- Cheese- ½ cup (grated)
- Salt- as per taste
- In a pan bring 3-4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add some salt to the water.
- Pour in the pasta and cook it as per the instructions provided on the pasta packet.
- When the pasta is cooked drain the excess water (save ¼ cup for the sauce).
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion and cook until golden brown in colour.
- Add the crushed garlic and sauté until the raw aroma fades away.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook until soft and mushy. Add the pasta water and mix well.
- Sprinkle the dried herbs, seasoning, tiny bit of salt and pepper. Stir the sauce and simmer it for 20-25 minutes on a low flame.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Add the pasta and the olives and give it a last stir.
- Your tomato mushroom pasta is ready to be served.
- Grate some cheese on top and serve the pasta hot.